It can take years to receive a settlement from your Lawsuit. Pegasus Legal Funding is committed to providing you with the cash that you need NOW, to relieve you of financial pressure so that you and your Attorney can work to achieve a maximum recovery.
Some cases settle in a matter of months after the injury while others can take years to get to settlement or trial. Your lawyer will usually wait until you have completed recovery from your injury or have at least come close to recovery before trying to settle your case. It is important to know the following before your case is settled:
- What is the total of all medical bills?
- Whether any future medical treatment will be necessary?
- If further medical treatment is necessary, what is the prediction of its costs?
- Whether any of your injuries are permanent?
- If any of the injuries are permanent, how do such permanent injuries affect your earning capacity?
- What was your total loss of income and what other employment benefits affect your earning capacity?
- Is it likely that you will lose any further income as a result of your injury?
There are other factors which must be taken into consideration before settlement. As the case progresses, your lawyer will have some idea as to the approximate time that the case may be appropriate for settlement.
.:About the author:.
James Sheridan is the Contracts Manager at Pegasus Legal Funding LLC and is responsible for the final stage of the funding approval process. James focus and priority is delivering to PLF’s clients the funds they need as quickly as possible